Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Shelby Grace is here

After much waiting we are pleased to announce that Shelby Grace is here. She arrived at 6:59 pm Monday February 23rd, 2009. She is 7 pounds, 2 ounces and 20 inches long.

 Here are some delivery photos.




The delivery went really well initially. They broke my water at 8:30 Am and I required no pitocin to start contracting. I was 7 cm dilated before I needed any medical intervention. We used only a breast pump and time in the whirlpool. Andy loved being in his swim trunks. Unfortunately after the tub things became a little too quick and they were concerned about the little one. I required an internal fetal monitor and nubain to attempt to lengthen the time between contractions, they were coming every other minute and there was little to no recovery time between them. After the nubain injection we tried other things but I eventually received Intra thecal narcotics but no epidural. The ITN were heaven and allowed me to rest but wore off a little too early and made my 2 hours of pushing quite challenging. At the end of my two hours of pushing it was clear we would need a little help as she couldnt quite get our from under the pubic bone. My wonderful OB ended up using the vacuum and two pushes later she came out. Hand by her head. The reason she was stuck.

The vacuum delivery caused no complications but an ugly head contusion. At this point it is MUCH better but you can see from the next picture she had quite the cone head initially. 


We could not be more thrilled she is beautiful and our love. 




1 comments:

Hasbrouck Family said...

Congrats!!! Amazing isn't she...