Monday, December 15, 2008

1 year of running



Oh what a difference a year makes. Last December 1st I made the decision to become a runner. In high school I ran for soccer practice but never did it for sport. When I set out to finish a triathlon last year I knew I would have to be able to run 6 miles straight (after swimming and biking) but I really wanted to do it.

So for the last year I have run at least 3 days a week and almost every Sunday morning with my dogs. I have come to really enjoy running. In the beginning I was lucky to be able to run 1/2 mile but at my peak (right before pregnancy) I ran 9.2 miles straight!

At this point in my pregnancy I obviously have had to cut back. I am lucky to run 5 miles a week and at a very slow pace. Plus with ice on the ground I may have to hang up my running shoes until after baby. It will be nice to get back into come spring.

Here is a pic of my run in December that was my one year mark. In the picture I am 28 weeks pregnant.


0 comments: