Saturday, June 7, 2008

I AM A TRIATHELETE!

Last summer I did my first sprint triatholon it was alot of fun and so I resolved this summer to do a few more. I decided to try and run an olympic length triatholon (.9 mile swim, 27 mile bike ride, 6.2 mile run) that was this Saturday. I have been training hard since December forcing myself to run which initially was pretty hard.

As of Wednesday of the week before they were predicting the hottest day of the year which I was NOT looking forward to. Unlike my crazy uncle Charlie I have no desire to race in 90 degree weather with 100% humidity.


The weather ended up being much cooler thankfully and the day went wonderful. My original goal was to finish in under 4 hours. I ended up finishing in close to 3 hours 15 min! That being said they did shorten the swim course because of terrible fog and the fear of losing swimmers.



The night before trying on the sexy wetsuit. The water temp in the lake was only 58 degrees...took your breath away.



Getting ready for the swim in my stylish pink swim cap.

My heat for swimming as you can see it was very foggy.

Starting my bike...I am in the blue top.




Starting my run


This picture is at the finish line. We are showing off our numbers. For those of you who have never been to a triatholon before they write all over you with permanent markers. Including your legs, arms and hands. The vice principal at Andy's school ran the triathalon as well. Also check out the lemon fanta in my hands. I still have a few leftover from Europe last summer that I save for my races. They are my motivation.

After the race we were covered in gatorade and so we jumped back in the amazingly cold water to rinse off.

The fans were a little strange. The name of the triathalon was the mooseman...hence the antlers.

Andy was wonderful he carb loaded with me for two days before. He cooked spaghetti and woke up at 545 to go with me to the race. Not only that but he looks hot in horns. What a wonderful husband.

3 comments:

Alaskiana said...

YOU ROCK!! You must have added all of this right before the AK trip. I love it!

It was SO good to see you and meet Andy last weekend. I just love my AK friends!! We'll definitely have to get together sometime, whether in MS or NH or somewhere in between.

Alaskiana said...

Ok SERIOUSLY. You have to update this more than once a month. I know you have a ton going on up there. Fill me in!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I always wanted to do the Mooseman. We'll have to have you out here sometime for a couple of west coast triathlons next year. Look up Pole, Peddle, Paddle and Deschutes Dash for next summer.